Granite Cookware Set- 5pcs
Granite cookware is affordable and a good stop gap as you financially plan to transition to cast iron or glassware. It typically consists of a carbon steel core which is coated with porcelain enamel.
Though modern graniteware is no longer as sturdy as those that our ancestors used to have, it still comes with a lot of advantages.
- Unlike cast iron, this type of cookware doesn’t rust.
- The porcelain enamel that is typically used is inert, so you can safely cook acidic ingredients without it affecting the flavor and smell of your dishes.
- The granite cookware of the modern world don’t contain harmful chemicals that might affect our health.
- The carbon steel or aluminum core heats up quickly. This can speed up cooking time.
- Granite cookware is lighter in weight than cast iron so a better option for the aged.
- Its smooth and glossy surface makes cleanup a piece of cake.